Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kitties and doggies and bunnies, oh my!



Today I went to visit the MSPCA. It is located right across the street from my new place, so I've been meaning to get over there for awhile. I was there for at least an hour and had such a great time, although I did get choked up once or twice. There are so many adorable kitties and dogs that need good homes. If only I could have rescued them all! As sad as it made me, I was glad to know that several kitties had already been adopted today and a couple that I was talking to ended up adopting a beautiful adult kitty just as I was leaving. She was all black and super sweet. I fell in love with a beautiful calico named Glory. I spent alot of time petting her and trying to figure out how I could convince Joel that Nestor REALLY needs a feline companion.


I was in the cat adoption center for most of the time (I tried to pet each and every kitty if I could), but I didn't want to neglect the pups. They had a smaller selection, but those dogs were so sweet and promptly broke my heart each time I stopped at a new cage. My absolute favorite was a black hunting dog (I think?) named Brady. He had these beautiful white and black mottled markings on his coat and he would sit as close to the cage (and me) as possible when I was visiting. It makes me sad just thinking about him in that cage tonight. Next time I go I'll bring my camera and post pictures. If you are in the Boston area you should really stop by and give those guys some love. Even if you can't take one home, just spending time petting and holding them can be really rewarding...for you and for them. If stop by, let me know...I'll try to join you!

No comments: